Cautiously optimistic

No big "whoopteedoo-i'm-home!" post this time around.
Nope, i'm gonna jinx myself.
But i am home, i have been for a couple of days and i'm very happy to be here.

I took a cab home on sunday.
I was alone, except for an uninvited co-passenger: a nasty-ass cold.
It's seriously the worst i've had in years and it's timing couldn't really have been worse.
Corey came late sunday night, and i'm afraid i haven't been the most entertaining host ever.
Or even a decent one.
The most exciting place i've taken her so far is the pharmacy.
Yeah.
I'm lucky she's a huge Star Trek nerd too, and has a similar cold, or this visit would already be a complete disaster!

The colds seems better today, not much, but there's definitely less sneezing and coughing going on.
As for me and the rest of my situation... it's still very uncomfortable.
But my head is less giant, eating is getting much less painful and the parts of my face that were completely paralyzed seem to be slowly getting back some feeling, and i am so fucking grateful for that.

Obviously i haven't taken many pictures recently, but here's a few from the last couple of days.


Delicious 80's food
Saturday night Allan took Lucifer to the hospital and the three of us went for a walk before bed time. It had snowed a lot and the mood was kinda magical, or maybe it just felt like that because i missed them both so much?
A sketch i started in the hospital, cats make everyone feel better right?
Allan washed my hair this morning, and that made me look and feel almost human (but no, smiling is not an option)


I'm taking one more day of complete rest and then tomorrow, if i feel ok, i think i'm gonna pop by the shop for a quick visit.
I miss my second home.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,