Deer, deer, deeeeer bisquits

So, i did manage to clean the apartment today.
Yay for that.
But i forgot to relax and do nothing.
Or i just didn't feel like doing nothing i guess.
But that's ok, at least i made headbands and stuff because i felt like it and was really into it, not because i had to.
And that's relaxing too, right?

Allan went to the post office today and picked up a package from Alice and Lewie full of amazing stuff.
Such a nice surprise, those guys get us the most awesome presents.
There was a bunch of cute fabric in the package and i actually already used some of it to make a pincushion.

See, i found this little thing on etsy, someone had made a pincushion out of an old toothpick holder and i decided to borrow that idea for myself.
Now, i just wanna clarify that i don't usually steal peoples ideas and if i hadn't had this old planter, i would have bought the one on etsy right away.
I might still buy it, actually, it's so damn cute...
And also, i would never re-sell the one i just made, as it's not my idea.
I really hate people who copy other peoples work and pass it on as their own, and having been the victim of copycat-ism myself i know how much it hurts, so i wanna make sure i give credit to the person who came up with this awesome idea.
Ok, with that out of the way, here's what i used Alice's fabric for!

I needed a pincushion just for my sewing needles and this is the perfect size
I'll enjoy this so much more in my workroom than i ever did when it was a planter

I hope i can get Allan to take a few nice shots of the headbands i've been working on today, i'm really excited about showing them to you!

Labels: , , , , , ,